1 brown onion, diced
1 lemongrass stalk, cut in thirds
1 long red chilli, diced and deseeded
2 tbsp diced fresh coriander (cilantro) stalks
2cm (3/4 in.) fresh galangal piece 2cm (3/4 in.) turmeric piece
4 kaffir lime leaves, optional
2 tsp coconut oil
3 cups peeled and cubed pumpkin 1 large garlic clove, diced
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 litre (1 qt.) vegetable stock
Peel from half of fresh lime
1/2 cup coconut cream (100ml or 3 1/2 fl. oz.), plus extra to serve
2 tbsp lime juice Coriander leaves to serve
1. Saute onion, lemongrass, chilli, coriander stalks, galangal, turmeric and kaffir lime leaves in coconut oil, on medium heat, for 23 minutes.
2. Add pumpkin, garlic, lime peel, fish sauce and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
3. Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes, until pumpkin is soft when poked with a knife.
4. Remove turmeric, galangal, lime peel and lemongrass from the soup and transfer the rest to a food processor or a blender.
5. Puree until smooth, then add coconut cream and lime juice. Whiz a couple more times to incorporate.
6. Serve with a ripple of coconut cream and fresh coriander leaves on top.
For Time: (10 min Cap)
100 Abmat Situps
On the Minute - 7 Burpees (Rx+ 10 Burpees)
THE CROSSFIT GAMES OPEN IS COMING! ARE YOU READY!!?!?!
Fit Bodies CrossFit….ARE YOU READY!!! It's time to get signed up for The Open! What is The Open you ask? It's a worldwide competition that lasts 5 weeks. Each Thursday evening starting on February 26th a new workout is announced and you will have until the following Monday evening to perform it. As a gym we will do these workouts every Saturday morning around 9am (more details to come) Our programming currently will be in prep for The Open so you'll be seeing a lot less heavy strength work and more high rep training and gymnastics skill work.
THE OPEN IS FOR EVERYONE! It's a great measuring stick to see where you're at year to year and will push you to a new level. Sign up today and put Fit Bodies CrossFit as your affiliate and Fit Bodies CrossFit as your team! Cost is $20 but it's well worth it!
If you have more questions feel free to ask a coach at your next class.
Click HERE to register and learn more about the 2015 REEBOK CROSSFIT GAMES OPEN!!